Help us create our development program! Play with the office dogs!
The Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center (CREEC) is seeking an accomplished fundraising professional to be our Development Director. This is an exciting opportunity to build a fundraising program from the ground up alongside an enthusiastic and successful team of civil rights lawyers and advocates. Join our team and help promote CREEC’s mission to ensure that everyone can fully and independently participate in our nation’s civic life without discrimination.
CREEC pursues our mission through education and individual and class action lawsuits. We represent individuals on a range of civil rights issues, but focus on the rights of people with disabilities and on the rights of people detained in immigration detention centers and prisons. Our cases in these areas include a class action against ICE challenging its decision to confine immigration detainees in a federal prison, multiple class actions challenging conditions of confinement in prisons, and individual and class actions on behalf of deaf persons. CREEC and its attorneys have been recognized with numerous awards for our work.
More information on the organization and our cases can be found on our website, www.creeclaw.org.
CREEC was founded in 2013 and has engaged in rudimentary fundraising efforts, primarily consisting of an annual event and an end-of-year email pitch. We are seeking someone to help us build and expand on these efforts.
We believe that the clients we represent, our mission, our work, and our accomplishments provide a compelling narrative for development efforts. We are excellent attorneys and advocates, but novices when it comes to development. This is where you come in.
The right person for this position shares our passion for civil rights, and is excited at the opportunity to build a development program from its current base.
Our Development Director will:
- Cultivate and steward our current donor base.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new donors with a focus on developing a leadership ($25K+) giving program.
- Manage (with administrative support) the annual event and other smaller events throughout the year.
- Learn, manage, and exploit all the useful features of our fundraising/donor tracking software.
- Manage (with administrative support) CREEC’s social media presence and email outreach.
- Develop short- and long-term development goals, including timelines and budgets, assessing areas for growth and providing leadership in the launch of new initiatives.
- Work with the co-founders/Co-Executive Directors on strategic planning for this growing nonprofit.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of development experience, preferably at the directorship level.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strategic thinking and experience creating or growing a development program.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets of over $250,000 annually.
- Proven track record of relationship building and experience soliciting gifts of $25K+
Compensation: $75,000 and benefits package.
Location: Denver, CO
CREEC is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce and promotes an inclusive culture. CREEC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
How to apply:
Email a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words “Development Director Application” in the subject line, and include your last name in the filename of any attachment (“LastName Resume.pdf”).