Ways to Give

Donate your vehicle to CREEC.

CREEC is thrilled to have joined hundreds of other nonprofits as a partner with Vehicles for Charity! They make it easy for you to make a tax-deductible gift of your vehicle to CREEC.

For answers to frequently asked questions check out the FAQ below.  If you can’t find the information you’re looking for there, you can call Vehicles for Charity at 866.628.2277 or call CREEC at 303.945.3204.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What can I donate?

You can donate most any vehicle to CREEC, including cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. They do not have to be currently running. Your vehicle donation will be sold at an auction or to salvage depending on condition.

Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes. CREEC is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations qualify as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax return.

What do I need to donate my car?

The title to the car must be in your name. Vehicles for Charity will also need some information about where the car is located and the condition of the car. This will assist them in scheduling appropriate towing arrangements.

Will you pick up my car?

Yes. A towing company will call you to schedule the pick-up of your vehicle. You will need to give the driver the keys to the vehicle as well as your signed title. You will be instructed on how to sign the title.

The driver may have you sign some paperwork authorizing the tow. The driver will leave you a tow receipt showing that they collected the vehicle on behalf of CREEC via Vehicles for Charity.

How is the value of my car determined?

The IRS allows you to take a charitable tax deduction on your federal income tax form equal to the amount the vehicle sells for at auction unless it sells for less than $500. If your vehicle sells for less than $500 you may deduct no more than $500. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you will need to include the IRS form 1098C. Vehicles for Charity will supply this documentation after your vehicle sells. We recommend you consult your tax advisor with questions about your deduction.

Thank You for Supporting CREEC!