Ways to Give

Legacy giving.

Planning forward

Legacy gifts, also called planned or estate gifts, are arranged during your lifetime but given as a charitable contribution in the future. 

When you include CREEC in your estate plans, you make a lasting impact, ensuring that future generations will benefit from the critical work CREEC does to challenge discrimination. There are many ways to support CREEC through an estate gift including: bequests; charitable lead trusts; charitable remainder trusts; retirement plans; and life insurance policies. It is important to consult with a financial planning professional before selecting a planned gift option, but gift planning can reduce tax burdens at important life junctures, while also providing valuable financial resources for the charities of your choice.  

Common planned gift options


You can include CREEC in your will. A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust and is one of the most popular and flexible planned gifts. Through a simple bequest, you can give a specific dollar amount, give a percentage of your estate, or give from the balance or residue of your estate.

Beneficiary Designation Gifts

You can designate CREEC as beneficiary of a retirement investment, bank account, or life insurance policy. This allows you to continue to use your asset throughout your lifetime and, because your named beneficiary is a 501(c)(3), you may reduce the tax burden on your family upon your death.

Charitable Lead Trust

You can arrange to make a series of gifts to charitable organizations like CREEC by establishing a charitable lead trust. Your family then receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings. 

Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)

You can establish a CRT that will pay income to you and your designees for a set amount of time. Upon conclusion of that time period, the remaining assets are distributed to charities you’ve chosen, including CREEC.

Any giving or gift planning information provided on this site is of a general educational nature only and is not offering professional tax, legal, or accounting advice. For specific advice about the effect of any planning concept on your tax or financial situation or with your estate, please consult a qualified professional advisor.