We Challenge Discrimination
CREEC is a membership organization that has the goal of ensuring that everyone can fully and independently participate in our nation’s civic life without discrimination based on race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
As our name suggests, CREEC promotes this goal through education — member input, instructional materials, individual advocacy, persuasion, hectoring, humor, collaboration, and animated YouTube videos — and enforcement, that is, investigating and filing lawsuits.
We always hope our educational efforts are effective — and entertaining! — but let’s face it, most of our country’s civil rights laws have been on the books for decades and some folks still haven’t gotten the point. We call these people “defendants.” Well, first we call them “subjects of investigation,” then we call them “recipients of demand letters,” then “people we’re politely discussing the requirements of civil rights laws with,” and THEN — if they still haven’t gotten the point — we call them “defendants.”
We hope you’ll join us and let us know what we should be investigating and who we should be educating.
National Association of the Deaf sues Harvard and MIT for discrimination in public online content.
More information here.
CREEC is currently investigating a number of matters, such as discriminatory mortgage lending.
Help us fulfill our mission.
Let us know what we should be investigating and who we should be educating.
Latest from the CREEC Blog
- “Outdoor” “Exercise” at the Colorado State Penitentiary
- Harvard Crimson: “Experts Say ADA Case Has Merit”
- CREEC in Court: NAD Sues Harvard and MIT Over Discrimination
- CREEC in Court: Deaf Dad Sues Pueblo’s Parkview Medical Center Over Failure to Provide Interpreter
- CREEC’s Anderson case in Prison Legal News
- Wheelchair Users Sue Major Hotel Companies for Inaccessible Transportation
- Check Us Out in 5280 Magazine!
- CREEC Receives Grant in Honor of Eleanor Crow, Colorado Civil Rights Advocate
- Happy Holidays from CREEC!
- Belated and more complete photo array from the CREEC Inaugural Event
*Though this cute puppy — Holly, our Junior Office Dog — technically has nothing to do with donating to CREEC (though donors at every level are entitled to stop by the office and play with her) we’re hoping she’s so cute that just her overwhelming cuteness will attract attention to the “donate” button and perhaps put people in a donating frame of mind.