We Challenge Discrimination
CREEC is a nonprofit membership organization whose goal is to ensure that everyone can fully and independently participate in our nation’s civic life without discrimination based on race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
As our name suggests, CREEC promotes our mission through education — member input, instructional materials and presentations, outreach, advocacy, humor, collaboration, and animated YouTube videos — and enforcement, that is, investigating and filing impact and class action lawsuits on a broad array of civil rights issues. Based in Denver and Berkeley, our scope is nationwide. Through our advocacy and litigation, CREEC has successfully transformed the practices of major companies and government entities.
We always hope our educational efforts are effective — and entertaining! — but let’s face it, many civil rights laws have been on the books for decades and some companies, government entities, and educational institutions still haven’t gotten the point. We call them “defendants.” Well, first we call them “subjects of investigation,” then we call them “recipients of demand letters,” then “entities we’re politely discussing the requirements of civil rights laws with,” and THEN — if they still haven’t gotten the point — we call them “defendants.”
We hope you’ll join us and let us know what we should be investigating and whom we should be educating. There’s no cost to join CREEC.
Take CREEC’s and CCDC’s Health Care Accessibility Survey!
CREEC is currently investigating a number of matters, such as discriminatory mortgage lending.
Help Us Fulfill Our Mission
Let us know what we should be investigating and whom we should be educating.
Latest from the CREEC Blog
- Your chance to office (in Oakland) with some of the Coolest Lawyers Ever!
- CREEC and allies file amicus brief on mootness question in SSA overpayment case
- Prison Outdoor Exercise Settlement Gets Final Approval and Some Good Press
- Welcome, Caiti!
- Lauren Fontana Named one of the Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40
- LGBTQ Groups Call for Unity in the Wake of Orlando Shooting
- CREEC Helps Client Obtain Reimbursement for Gender-Affirming Surgery
- Welcome, Amis!
- Daily Journal Selects Julie Wilensky for 2016 Top 40 Under 40 List
- Court Grants Final Approval of Hotel Transportation Class Settlement
*Though this cute puppy — Holly, our Junior Office Dog — technically has nothing to do with donating to CREEC (though donors at every level are entitled to stop by the office and play with her) we’re hoping she’s so cute that just her overwhelming cuteness will attract attention to the “donate” button and perhaps put people in a donating frame of mind.