We Challenge Discrimination
CREEC is a membership organization that has the goal of ensuring that everyone can fully and independently participate in our nation’s civic life without discrimination based on race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
As our name suggests, CREEC promotes this goal through education — member input, instructional materials, individual advocacy, persuasion, hectoring, humor, collaboration, and animated YouTube videos — and enforcement, that is, investigating and filing lawsuits.
We always hope our educational efforts are effective — and entertaining! — but let’s face it, most of our country’s civil rights laws have been on the books for decades and some folks still haven’t gotten the point. We call these people “defendants.” Well, first we call them “subjects of investigation,” then we call them “recipients of demand letters,” then “people we’re politely discussing the requirements of civil rights laws with,” and THEN — if they still haven’t gotten the point — we call them “defendants.”
We hope you’ll join us and let us know what we should be investigating and who we should be educating.
CREEC is currently investigating a number of matters, such as discriminatory mortgage lending.
Help us fulfill our mission.
Let us know what we should be investigating and who we should be educating.
Latest from the CREEC Blog
- Tim and Amy are “Top Lawyers” — according to 5280 Magazine.
- Courts Grant Preliminary Approval of Class Action Settlements in Cases Challenging Inaccessible Transportation at Hotels
- Press Coverage of Pritchard v. IUOE Stationary Engineers Local 39 Pension Plan
- The National Association of the Deaf and Gogo LLC Agree to Make Closed Captions Available on In-Flight Entertainment Systems
- Denver “Ramps Up” Pedestrian Ramp Program
- Gay Widower Sues San Francisco Bay Area Union Pension Plan for Refusing to Provide Survivor Benefits After His Husband Died
- Settlement Underscores Importance of Hiring Certified Sign Language Interpreters
- CREEC-Colorado visits CREEC-California
- Press Coverage of CREEC’s Same-Sex Spousal Benefit Case Against FedEx
- CREEC files suit to ensure reasonable accommodations for family of Autistic boy
*Though this cute puppy — Holly, our Junior Office Dog — technically has nothing to do with donating to CREEC (though donors at every level are entitled to stop by the office and play with her) we’re hoping she’s so cute that just her overwhelming cuteness will attract attention to the “donate” button and perhaps put people in a donating frame of mind.