We Challenge Discrimination
CREEC is a nonprofit membership organization whose goal is to ensure that everyone can fully and independently participate in our nation’s civic life without discrimination based on race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
As our name suggests, CREEC promotes our mission through education — member input, instructional materials and presentations, outreach, advocacy, humor, collaboration, and animated YouTube videos — and enforcement, that is, investigating and filing impact and class action lawsuits on a broad array of civil rights issues. Based in Denver and Berkeley, our scope is nationwide. Through our advocacy and litigation, CREEC has successfully transformed the practices of major companies and government entities.
We always hope our educational efforts are effective — and entertaining! — but let’s face it, many civil rights laws have been on the books for decades and some folks still haven’t gotten the point. We call them “defendants.” Well, first we call them “subjects of investigation,” then we call them “recipients of demand letters,” then “entities we’re politely discussing the requirements of civil rights laws with,” and THEN — if they still haven’t gotten the point — we call them “defendants.”
We hope you’ll join us and let us know what we should be investigating and who we should be educating. There’s no cost to join CREEC.
Current investigations include discrimination in housing, public accommodations, and communication.
Help Us Fulfill Our Mission
Let us know what we should be investigating and whom we should be educating.
Latest from the CREEC Blog
- RTD enhancing use of wheelchair securement area and mobility access on light rail vehicles
- CREEC mourns the passing of fair housing legend Tracey McCartney
- Settlement Requires Major Improvements in Conditions for Prisoners With Disabilities at Montana State Prison
- Disability Rights Organizations Oppose H.R. 985
- DHS and CBP: Duties to People with Disabilities
- CREEC to receive a Visionaries in Action Award from the GLBT Community Center of Colorado
- Welcome Marième!
- Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Disability Discrimination at Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- NAD Lawsuit Against Harvard and MIT Moves Forward, Obligation to ensure equal treatment applies in emerging technologies
- CREEC & DMFHC Settle Family Status and Disability Housing Discrimination Complaints
*Though this cute puppy — Holly, our Junior Office Dog — technically has nothing to do with donating to CREEC (though donors at every level are entitled to stop by the office and play with her) we’re hoping she’s so cute that just her overwhelming cuteness will attract attention to the “donate” button and perhaps put people in a donating frame of mind.